- Hyperlocal 体育平台app will help struggling communities salvage their local businesses.
- Moz surveyed over 1,400 local business marketers and more than half said they plan to implement Google’s new features to support COVID-19 affected businesses.
- Five under-rated yet crucial parameters marketers need to stay on top of.
- Sarah Bird’s special tips to optimize audience engagement at various marketing touchpoints.
- The best things you can do for landing pages is….?
- Dive in for these golden nuggets and a lot more.
2020 has hit the reset button for the world in many ways adding more wheels to digital marketers’ and brands’ “car of struggles” for success. 体育平台app is somewhat looked at as a game of Russian roulette where you win some and you lose some, and COVID-19 hasn’t made this any easier. To help you hit bull’s eye and add an extra push to your digital strategies, we caught up with Moz’s CEO  , Sarah Bird to uncover emerging trends in the search scape, 体育平台app , audience behaviors, and more!
Q. What technologies, tools, and audience behaviors do you see shape up as 2020 progresses. If you were to draw a line between the temporary and ones that are here to stay, what would it be?
Sarah Bird: Hyperlocal search has been important for years. 2020 has only increased its merit.
COVID-19 has made active local business listings management more vital than ever before. Communities struggling to keep themselves supplied and cared for in changed conditions must depend on the internet as a crucial resource, and when business listings can quickly communicate to them what’s available, where, when, and how, that’s truly important.
With Google rolling out new features that allow business owners to share updates about curbside pickup, home delivery, or special hours for vulnerable populations directly on their listings, customers can access convenient information with a simple search. We surveyed over 1,400 local business marketers and more than half said they plan to implement such services permanently. Aside from being absolutely necessary this year, businesses recognize that the investment in ecommerce  should not simply be for the short-term, but should be able to accommodate their business and customers in the long-term.  
Q. If you were to pick the hero of Moz’s local and international 体育平台app strategy for the rest of 2020, what would it be?
Some of the most valuable features of Moz Local at this time are review alerts that allow you to quickly facilitate complaint resolution and response rating for quality control. During hectic times, customers are more emotional — this can either work for or against you. Should you receive a poor review during this time, it’s imperative that you respond quickly and empathetically.
Moz Local also offers a sentiment analysis feature that shows the most commonly used words for each of your star ratings. This can be useful in deciphering exactly what customers are finding important during this time.
Q. What five under-rated yet crucial parameters do marketers need to stay on top of to ensure that their brand has positively influenced their customers/target audiences?
- Keywords: Understanding your own keywords and those of your competitors ensures marketers have a plan in place to secure visibility on a brand’s offerings or content. 
- External links : These are an important source of ranking power in a SERP. 
- Differentiation: Framing content correctly is key to reaching target audiences. Sometimes that means presenting contrarian ideas, as described by Caroline Forsey of HubSpot. 
- Omnichannel communication: Not all of your readers are going to read and engage via laptop or mobile, but be sure to consider how 体育平台app is involved in your social media strategy . 
- Outcome alignment: 体育平台app goals don’t always have to focus on clicks. Ensure your marketing team is aligned on how content or a topic should be engaged, as it could mean that your ideal outcome is answering your customer’s question directly within the SERP.
Q. What are the best ways to use entities that can leverage BERT, add more dimensions to keyword strategy, content, and the overall digital presence?
Instead, marketers should continue the focus on the overarching goal of creating excellent content that holistically understands and meets the intent of users. This is no small feat and requires an intense understanding of your business, your audience, and how the two intertwine. Creating world-class content that’s data-driven, timely, and empathetic to the audience will prove to be far more effective than focusing on this specific component of an algorithmic change from Google.
Q. Tips to optimize audience engagement at marketing touchpoints like emails, landing pages, and social media?
Sarah Bird: Each of these touchpoints are important for a business’s 体育平台app strategy. These aren’t tactics that can be tacked on — they all have a powerful impact.
Email marketing delivers some of the highest ROI, generating $38 for every $1 spent . When it comes to emails, call-to-actions must be clear. Consider which landing pages you’re sending people to and whether they’re appropriate to improve bounce rates. 
Social shares of a brand’s content have a high correlation to ranking (as described by our own Cyrus Shepard .) As with everything in 体育平台app , a focus should be put on the keywords used as well as the medium of the content being put out and whether or not it’s optimized. 
High-converting landing pages may lead to high bounce rates, which could negatively impact 体育平台app . Rand Fishkin actually addressed this exact issue in a Whiteboard Friday . The best things you can do for landing pages is – focus on high-conversion long-tail keywords and to provide keyword-based content. 
Feel free to share your thoughts on our interview and the emerging trends, drop a comment!
- ^ Moz’s CEO (www.linkedin.com)
- ^ Google rolling out new features (support.google.com)
- ^ We surveyed over 1,400 local business marketers (moz.com)
- ^ ecommerce (www.searchenginewatch.com)
- ^ reputation management (www.searchenginewatch.com)
- ^ keywords (moz.com)
- ^ External links (moz.com)
- ^ described by Caroline Forsey (moz.com)
- ^ social media strategy (podcasts.apple.com)
- ^ optimize for BERT (moz.com)
- ^ $38 for every $1 spent (blog.hubspot.com)
- ^ described by our own Cyrus Shepard (podcasts.apple.com)
- ^ Whiteboard Friday (moz.com)
Powered by WPeMatico