20 Best New Websites, April 2021
This month’s collection contains a combination of big and bold, and clean and minimal. Although basic minimalism is still trendy, with lots of white space and greyscale type, we are seeing it softened with color. This is implemented differently, ranging from hints of off-whites in images to gentle pastels as section backgrounds.
Playing around with type and using typefaces with a few characteristic quirks is another way minimalism is being tempered without negating the overall effect. Plus, we’ve got some strong examples of type rules being deliberately broken to good effect. Enjoy!
How Many Plants
Out of the Valley
Design studio Made Thought has some pretty prestigious clients; for a designer, it doesn’t get more prestigious than creating a new brand identity for MoMA. Their bold aesthetic and approach explain their success.
The Great Lake
For-fun sites like The Great Lake are a great way for web creatives to show their skills. This one from designer and front-end developer Anna Sherruble is visually appealing and has some informative content.
Acayaba + Rosenberg
Slow is a collective of people–largely artists, designers, artisans–aiming to implement and live by the slow movement principles. The design of their site reflects these aims, creating a sense of calm and deliberation.
Anne Frank House
Runway is a platform for publishing open-source, pre-trained machine learning models, as well as for training your own models aimed at artists and filmmakers. If this site aims to make the user want to try Runway, it succeeds.
This single-page intro to GT Super font has a certain drama in keeping with the font itself and allows you to play around with the size, weight, and style of the font in most sections of the text.
- ^ Crusta C (crustac.fr)
- ^ How Many Plants (howmanyplants.com)
- ^ Out of the Valley (outofthevalley.co.uk)
- ^ Saskia Wilson (saskiawilson.com)
- ^ Made Thought (www.madethought.com)
- ^ The Great Lake (www.thegreatlake.fun)
- ^ Acayaba + Rosenberg (www.ar-arquitetos.com.br)
- ^ Omexco (www.omexco.com)
- ^ Johan Belin (johanbelin.com)
- ^ La Nouvelle (lanouvelle.agency)
- ^ Found Studio’s website (www.found-studio.com)
- ^ CKMS (ckms.design)
- ^ Slow (slowness.com)
- ^ Anne Frank House (www.annefrank.org)
- ^ Runway (runwayml.com)
- ^ Fat Free (hellofatfree.com)
- ^ Pinch Design (pinchdesign.com)
- ^ Sentempo (www.studiosentempo.com)
- ^ Context Creative (oneyear.contextcreative.com)
- ^ GT Super (www.gt-super.com)
Powered by WPeMatico