- With the entire global COVID-19 pandemic that has brought the world to its feet and forced everyone inside their homes, mobile marketing is going to take a very different turn.
- As per earlier estimates, mobile advertising was going to make up for a whopping 75% of all digital ad spending by 2022.
- Considering the new alterations, the best thing to do would be to understand the fabric of it and work to implement mobile advertising strategies for your own business.
- Know more on how to establish and polish your mobile marketing strategies to effectively target communication, deliver optimum effectiveness, capture your audience, and deliver your business goals.
Mobile advertising has been a game-changer for quite some years now. In 2017, when mobile advertising first surpassed desktop advertising, no one knew the bounds of its potential. It won’t be an exaggeration to mention that 2020 is going to be a major year for mobile advertising in all terms. With the entire global COVID-19 pandemic  that has brought the world to its feet and forced everyone inside their homes, mobile marketing is going to take a very different turn.
As per earlier estimates, it was noteworthy to mention that mobile advertising was going to make up for a whopping 75% of all digital ad spending by 2022. Now that figure is going to see an alteration. Keeping in mind these figures, the best thing to do would be to understand the fabric of it and work to implement mobile advertising strategies for your own business.
The Wall Street Journal also talked about the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in alliance with national and state governments in the US, will be using the data collected by advertisers through social platforms, such as Facebook. This is being done in the wake of tracking the movement of Americans within the areas of “geographical interest”.
Now talking of core mobile advertising, we know that it is more important than ever to any business or brand, it is important to understand the essence of it and have a grasp of its core ideals. It is important because awareness around the subject matter will ensure that your mobile advertising campaign is a success in generating bigger brand awareness or driving sales, whichever your end goal is. With 60% of all social media activity happening on mobile devices, the potential for your audience is still untapped.
Mobile advertising explained
To simply put into words, mobile advertising  is advertising meant for mobile devices. But in the present context, we are talking about wireless mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. For the power of personalization delivered by these devices, mobile advertising has reached high bars of success. It has provided brands, agencies, and marketers a unique way to connect with consumers beyond traditional means.
Mobile advertising is so powerful because of the nature of the targeted user device. It is very easy to choose the target audience  and make sure that your message is being delivered to their devices which is unique to them, making way for precisely targeted communication. In this manner, mobile advertising delivers optimum effectiveness wherein probabilities of the response levels can be easily spiked.
To elaborate, let’s take an example of interactive Ads. They are very effective when it comes to mobile advertising strategies because the user gets to truly interact with them. They can choose to call the business, check out directions, visit their Facebook page, or simply go to their website. The direction of conversion is multifaceted but one thing always leads to another, right?
Samsung really went to extra lengths for the promotion of its Galaxy S6 smartphone. They created a highly-personalized interactive Ad in collaboration with InMobi. They helped people experience the deliverable by displaying a “personalized real-time battery identification mobile ad unit,” on their smartphones.
They wanted to emphasize the fast-charging battery feature of their smartphone and here’s how they did it.
The result: 1.6% of the users ended up tapping on the “Tap to find more” button, while 1.1% of users clicked on the “Experience” CTA and an average of 20 seconds were spent on the interstitial ad.
In yet another successful mobile interactive advertising move, Pond’s went on to create the world’s first face detection augmented reality rich media mobile ad for the promotion of their new Acne 10-in-1 Solution. Through this Ad, the beauty and health brand provided a unique experience to the target audience. All they had to do was use their front camera to track the various features of their face and automatically detect the acne-prone areas of their skin. This implementation of augmented reality experience brought about 29 seconds of average engagement from over 39,000 users.
Types of mobile advertising
- Pinterest: Awareness campaigns, engagement campaigns, traffic campaigns
- Facebook & Instagram: Images, videos, carousel ads, interstitial ads
- LinkedIn: Display ads, Sponsored in-mail, sponsored content, text ads, dynamic ads
- Twitter: Promoted accounts, trends, and tweets
- Snapchat: Snap ads, sponsored and on-demand geo-filters, sponsored lenses
Effective mobile advertising strategies
If the above information somehow was not very convincing for you, let us tell you that the mobile advertising market is expected to exceed $200 billion globally. All substantial brands and businesses that want to reduce their cost of advertising but also ensure that their advertising reaps maximum leads and conversions are relying on effective mobile advertising strategies. However, the audience isn’t very willing to view ads on their mobile devices and they use a plethora of ad-blocking services on their smartphones. Checking out ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, NordVPN review  and other reviews for other reliable services to ensure that they are not beings served with ads. Hence, it is important to draw them in with relevant ads that can successfully engage them. Hence. here are some of the most effective mobile Ad strategies:
- Customization of ads for the target audience: One of the most basic yet the most effective strategies for mobile advertising is the customization of ads for the target audience. We are talking of highly-customized ads for devices because each user is unique to their smartphones. To ensure an increase in mobile conversions, targeted ad customization is crucial. Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO) lets you do just that. With DCO, one can easily create multiple versions of an Ad, specifically targeting them for the targeted audience. Based on variables such as gender, age, socioeconomic status, Geo-location, type of the device being used, etc., DCO will help you get the task done.
- Mobile-preferred ads: In 2020, people are spending all of their time indoors and even working from home  . Hence, by the expectation, people are spending more time online actively engaging with news and video content. So, marketers at the moment have reduced the number of brand-heavy advertising campaigns. Hence, the trend. If you really want to tap your audience for ensured conversion, mobile-preferred Ads are your way out. These Ads are aimed at users searching from their mobile phones. So, you can try sending users to your mobile landing page and telling them in advance that the URL is mobile-friendly. Mobile-preferred Ads are about giving away offers that are accessible via a mobile device and not otherwise.
- Ecommerce mobile ads: Mobile advertising is highly effective for eCommerce brands and similar brands. People want to be seamless and quick in their online shopping. Even Google shopping campaigns prioritize shopping Ads and display them on the top of the mobile results page. So, use this to your advantage and create great eCommerce mobile Ads that allow users to absorb maximum information and arrive on a purchase decision.
- Use ad extensions: Using ad extensions is not just a great way to get an edge on the competition but are also very helpful in increasing an ad’s CTR. They also contribute to the quality score and help increase ad rank and click-through rate. They let you have more space on the search results page if your ad qualifies. So, make sure that you use the relevant ones such as Location extensions, Sitelink extensions, Call and message extensions, App extensions, Price extensions, Seller rating extensions, etc.
- Enable calling = Cheap conversions: A lot of marketers do not realize the relevance and importance of calling when it comes to seeking affordable and cheap conversions. By enabling calling, you are able to minimize the barriers for your potential customers to call your business. Hence, by including your business phone number on the ad, you make it easy for your target audience to call you instantly and eventually cut down on the cost of conversion.
- Mobile ad gamification: Ever came across game ads that let you actually play the game for a span of 15-20 seconds to help you experience the true game? Well, they are really engaging and are capable of driving solid conversions. So, you can implement ad gamification to enrich your ads and make them more effective.
- Incentivize your ads: For the love of incentives, how about you implement the incentivization of your Ads? We are talking about anything which falls in the range of discount, free shipping, or a voucher. For example, you can simply offer an X% discount for signing up for your newsletter. However, just make sure that your users are able to claim the incentive seamlessly and not navigate to many pages and make many clicks in order to redeem the incentive.
How to rightfully implement mobile advertising strategies in 2020?
Here are a few things you need to ensure if you want to rightfully reap the benefits of mobile advertising strategies:
- It is important to identify the right target audience that would be interested in mobile ads. Make sure that your Ads are relevant to the device users that they are being shown to
- It is important to ensure that your ad is just not for the promotion of your offering but it should genuinely aim to solve the target audience’s problems.
- Keep your ads lightweight so that they can easily load on the mobile devices of your users.
- Employ video content in your ads because they have a higher engagement percentage.
- Capturing the emotions of your audience with your ads is a great strategy if rightly implemented.
Advertisers and marketers have definitely come a long way in terms of how they exploit the prowess of advertising strategies to their advantage. This is a period of radical change, consumer behaviour is experiencing a huge shift. With the mammoth increase in online traffic and people looking to consume digital news and engross in gaming and streaming content, you have to come up with a strategy.
In this approach, shifting the focus from desktop to mobile advertising is a primary step because the present and the future is mobile. So, make sure that you follow suit and ensure that you are tapping the potential of this move and driving maximum conversions for your business.
Powered by WPeMatico